How to take a screenshot in Windows & Mac OS laptops ? : – Often you will have captured the screenshot on your mobile which is quite easy. But, when capturing the same screenshot on a laptop, many people do not know how to take a screenshot in their Windows/macOS laptop? Some people start finding their camera or mobile at such a time, in which the photo is not clear because it is not of any use to you. So it is important that you should know how to take a screenshot on any laptop. Let us show you how to take screenshots in all types of laptops.
Before this, let us tell you that the steps of taking screenshots on PC vary according to the software. Windows and MacOS laptops both have their own methods or commands for capturing screenshots, and if you’re not well versed with them, this can be a bit challenging. Below we have given information about all the steps of taking screenshots on Windows 10/Windows 7 laptop or PC and Mac.
How to take a screenshot on a Windows 10 laptop/PC?
There are several ways to take screenshots on a Windows 10-powered laptop/PC. The way to take a screenshot on a Windows 7 laptop is the same. Let’s know about it further-
#1 – Take screenshot on Windows 7/10 laptop with the help of app
On both Windows 10 and Windows 7 there is a dedicated application for capturing screenshots, called ‘Snipping Tool’. Screenshots taken with the help of this app are automatically saved in a file image on your laptop.
- First you need to go to the Start menu and search for Snipping Tool?
- After the application is open, you will see ‘New’, ‘Mode’, ‘Delay’, ‘Cancel’ and ‘Options’ options.
- Screenshots can be captured at any time with the help of the New button visible in the app.
- On the other hand, in the ‘Mode’ option, you can crop by yourself and take a screenshot.
- Apart from this, with the help of Cancel button, you can stop the screenshot process. At the same time, with the ‘Delay’ option, you can set a timer to take a screenshot.
#2. – Take a screenshot with the help of a print screen on a Windows laptop
Apart from the app, screenshots can also be taken with the help of ‘PrtScn’ key in Windows laptops. With this option, you can take screenshots on both Windows 10/7-powered laptops.
- Most of the PrtScn keys are at the top-right corner of the keyboard.
- Pressing this button can be taken to screenshot the whole screen, which you can paste as a display image in Paint, Microsoft Word and any program according to your choice.
- On some laptops, the button may require the aid of a function key, called ‘Fn’. Press Fn+PrtScn to take screenshots on such computers.
#3 – Capture screenshot on active window with the help of Alt+PrtScn
- This option is only for active windows. In this it copies the screen you are working on. In it, you can copy it to the clipboard and paste it into another program.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptop users have to use the PrtScn button with the ‘Alt’ key to take a screenshot.
#4. – Windows key+Shift+S must be pressed simultaneously to capture a single position
- If you want to capture one of the screens in full screen, then you have to press Windows+Shift+S simultaneously.
- By doing this, it will reduce your screen light and point the mouse, after which you can select the post, whose screenshot is to be taken.
- By doing this the screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and you can paste it on any program.
#5. – Directly save screenshot with the help of Windows key+PrtScn
- If you want to copy the screenshot from the clipboard, for this you will have to use the Windows key+PrtScn shortcut command, which will save the screenshot as an image file.
- Pressing all these buttons together will save the picture of the entire screen in your “Pictures” folder or in the sub-folder “Screenshots”.
#6. – How to take screenshot from Windows key+G?
- This option is for gamers who want to take a screenshot on a Windows laptop.
- While playing Windows and G simultaneously while playing the game, there will be several options below, with the help of which you can capture the selected position and full screen. together for a game overlay.
- The screenshot taken in this way will be saved directly in the subfolder ‘Captures’ of the ‘Videos’ folder.
How to take screenshots on macOS laptops / PCs ?
There are also many options available in macOS, with which you can easily take screenshots. Let us tell you about them.
In MacOS laptops / PCs, screenshots can be taken by pressing Command+Shift+3 simultaneously. In this way you can capture the entire screen.
#2. – Command+Shift+4
If you want a screenshot of a particular part of the screen, you can do it simultaneously with cmd+shift+4.
- First you have to press cmd+shift+4 simultaneously
- Then click and drag the cursor, so that the part of the image you want can be selected.
- The screenshot will be automatically saved on the desktop.
#3. – Command+shift+5
This option gives you a free-hand to take a screenshot.
Once you click this command, many options come down in front of you, from which you can capture the entire screen from the selected position.
#4. – Command+Shift+6
This option is only for the MacBook version that comes with the touch bar.
All screenshots taken on a MacOS laptop are saved by desktop (by default). However, you can save these screenshots to whichever drive / folder you prefer. For this, you have to go to the-> option by pressing Command+Shift+5 and choose the save location. After this, all future screenshots to be captured will be saved in that folder or drive.